What's Hiding In Your Lawn? Tick Control Services By CJB Pest
BBB A+ RATING - EIGHTY FIVE YEARS EXPERIENCE - THE INDUSTRY'S BEST GUARANTEES
The Best, Most Effective Tick Control Available
Our program not only wipes out any current population around the home’s foliage, tall grass, and wooded areas, but we granulate your yard to prevent any from traveling through your lawn!! Our dual approach keeps you and your family safe from these dangerous blood-suckers! We provide single applications and season-long protection programs. Mention our money-saving coupon when calling into to book an appointment!
Overall Ratings - Leading Review Sites
WHY CJB PEST TICK TREATMENT FOR YARDS
The Tick - What Does A Tick Look Like
Ticks aren’t just ugly. They’re downright dangerous. Each year in S.E. Michigan we see ticks / Dog ticks increasing in numbers creating additional diseases, many take months to diagnose and treat. Homeowners need to take ticks seriously and consider taking action to keep you and your kids and pets safe from them because store bought products may not be enough.
What Ticks Feed On - Dogs, Humans
Ticks live on a blood diet that they consume from ticks on dogs or humans. After hatching from the eggs, ticks must eat blood at every stage to survive. Ticks that require this many hosts can take up to 3 years to complete their full life cycle, and most will die because they don’t find a host for their next feeding
The Dangers of Ticks Lyme Disease
The federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates the number of Lyme disease cases nationwide could be ten times higher than what’s reported. Because of Lyme disease’s relative newness in Michigan, and because its early symptoms often mimic what feels like the flu, infected people — and even their doctors — often don’t test for it. Doctors also don’t always report finding Lyme disease to their local public health department, said Erik Foster, an entomologist with the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and a co-author of the recent study.
Perform a Tick Check - Tick Removal
As the ticks that spread Lyme disease spread across S.E., Michigan residents are advised to take additional precautions. Avoid areas where ticks are likely to present. Use repellents on clothing.
When outdoors in areas where ticks are present it’s important to do a tick check on any exposed skin. Remove the ticks as quickly as you can. Even if bitten, if you can get it off before 24 hours, your chances of getting Lyme disease are almost none.”
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services offers these tick tips:
- On outdoor excursions where black-legged ticks could be present, use insect repellent that contains 20%-30% DEET.
- Wear clothing that has been treated with permethrin.
- Take a shower as soon as you can after coming indoors.
- Look for ticks on your body. If a tick is attached to you, use fine-tipped tweezers to grasp the tick at the surface of your skin. Pull the tick straight up and out. Don’t twist or jerk the tick — this can cause the mouth-parts to break off and stay in the skin.
- Put your clothes in the dryer on high heat for 60 minutes to kill any remaining ticks.
- Hunters and anglers cannot get Lyme disease from dressing carcasses, or eating game meat, but are more likely to be in tick habitats.
- Pets can become hosts for ticks and also become infected with Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases. Topical flea and tick treatments are recommended, and a Lyme disease vaccination is available. Consult your veterinarian for more information.
Don't Let The Threat Of Lyme Disease From Deer Ticks, Ticks In The Yard Or Ticks On Dogs Ruin Your Summer
BUSINESS SERVICE HOURS
Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Saturdays 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Request A Quote Today
24407 Halsted - Farmington Hills, MI 48335